Gonzilla's Skaven Paint Log

a place to chat about miniatures, show off conversions and paint schemes and anything else miniature related

Re: Gonzilla's Skaven Paint Log

Postby Severian » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:19 am

Like the heated metal effect on the barrels of the gun. Still keeping a fascinated eye on this. :thumbup:
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
Azmodan - Jetbike archon "Charge the Monkeigh!... By Khaine where did those wheels come from.. arrgh" plummets to the ground floor *CRASH*
Severian
general

Postby gonzilla » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Was nice and overcast yesterday so was able to get some pictures of the finished Gatling Rathound. Pretty happy with the end result, look more work than expected but learned a lot during the process! Apologies for the incoming image spam!

gonzilla
corporal

Postby Severian » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:38 am

Success! :clap:
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
Azmodan - Jetbike archon "Charge the Monkeigh!... By Khaine where did those wheels come from.. arrgh" plummets to the ground floor *CRASH*
Severian
general

Postby Bovine » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:56 pm

following you on instagram, looks fantastic from humble beginnings
Bovine
private

Postby DaImp » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:42 am

That looks great! The 3D print smoothed out nicely.
Jonathan Merry
Warhammer Generals head honcho

Check out my WHFB 3rd Edition blog: http://oldhammergenerals.blogspot.com
DaImp
general

Postby gonzilla » Mon May 18, 2020 11:23 pm

Was slacking on the brushes for a bit but have got some more clanrats finished up.

gonzilla
corporal

Postby Severian » Tue May 19, 2020 8:43 am

8-) :clap:
Severian
general

Postby Dark Angel » Tue May 19, 2020 12:49 pm

Looking great!
I spend most of my money on Warhammer and games, the rest is just wasted.

Eli "Dragon Slayer" Golovey
Dark Angel
WHG Lawman

Postby gonzilla » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:06 am

Dark Angel wrote:Looking great!

Severian wrote:8-) :clap:

Thanks gents! Appreciate it!

A month ago a mate linked me an online painting competition that a local store was doing. I still haven't figured out a good source for round AOS bases yet so my excuse was I didn't have any kits I wanted to glue to a square base or plinth. That weekend he gifted me the new Warlock Bombardier as an early birthday present and my excuse was gone :think:

We had a month to paint them from sprue with weekly updates. I ended up not having nearly as much time to paint as I expected and basically started with a week and a half left :crazy:

I had lifted up the back of the model with some bark so I sculpted in some small details into the gap I made.

And here are the final submission shots. Really happy with how the freehand dags came out and making my army scheme work on the model.

Had planned to do a water effect on the front and some organics on the base but I was painting till the last minute. Use the sun to take photo's still and it was literally touching the mountains when I took these. The glue from the subassemblies was still drying so was a bit of a dive over the finish line :lol:
gonzilla
corporal

Postby Severian » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:51 am

Looks grand fella. This has brought two things home for me - Skaven models are great, I really miss WHFB.
Severian
general

Previous

Return to Miniatures