40k Nationals – 1st/2nd Sep'18 – Warzone Jeppe Quondam

Post your announcements for non-club specific tournaments. You many only have ONE thread per tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Re: 40k Nationals – 1st/2nd Sep'18 – Warzone Jeppe Quondam

Postby Shadow Blaze » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:49 am

Righty oh, we had a quick chat about it on the weekend and can confirm that we will not be treating the lower levels of multilevel ruins and terrain as line of sight blocking.

That is to say, true line of sight will be used for these as per the rule book.
Shadow Blaze
corporal

Postby Dirty Rat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:32 am

With only 2 months to go I think it is about time that we had some clarity.
How many points?
How long for each game?
Anything else we need to know.
Dirty Rat
colonel

Postby AfkFanatic » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:33 am

Dirty Rat wrote:With only 2 months to go I think it is about time that we had some clarity.

A list of House rules we will be using and rules we wont be using as well
AfkFanatic
corporal

Postby The BAG » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:57 am

AfkFanatic wrote:
Dirty Rat wrote:With only 2 months to go I think it is about time that we had some clarity.

A list of House rules we will be using and rules we wont be using as well

More importantly, what's the prize support like?
AKA Saul.
Painting table:2 custom trolls
30 old high elf monopose spearmen
savage orc shaman
the walking dead starter
Horde of fleabags (riders only)
http://www.mhpromo.co.za
http://www.fairlabour.co.za
The BAG
general

Postby Doc Rot » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:23 pm

A night in Johnny's sex dungeon
A stranger in a strange land

Visit the Eastern Cape Warlords - Wargaming Club at
www.facebook.com/easterncapewarlords
Doc Rot
brigadier-general

Postby Shadow Blaze » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:04 am

How many points?
How long for each game?
Anything else we need to know.

Hey there,

This has been confirmed last month already in this thread. 2000 points and still 2.5 hours per game, with no clock system in place. Slow play penalties will be discussed among the judge team and confirmed before the end of this month.

Also to confirm we will be using the system suggested for deployments as voted on here on Generals. That being, players will set up objectives at the start of the round using the restrictions from the rulespack as it stands. They will have ~5 minutes for this at which point the TO will roll for the deployment and all tables will make use of this.

I will be updating the rulespack and uploading it here in the coming week with all these decisions inside. The missions chosen to be played and their order of play however will not be changing beyond having random deployment types, so please feel free to keep testing there.

As to prize support I will confirm but we do have store support and extra prizes organised that I will put into the updated rulespack as well.

On the house rules matter, we're trying to play as close to the current ruleset as presented at the moment. Expect a poll to go up later this week to determine if the current beta rules on battle brothers and restricted "deep strike" deployments will be in effect if they are not made official before the tournament date.

I will also be trying to make a visual guide on how we expect cover to be considered, what the outline of ruins are in regards to claiming cover and what denotes a model not being able to be placed during a charge and what still falls under wobbly model syndrome.
Shadow Blaze
corporal

Postby Shadow Blaze » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm

Hey everyone,

Just an update on where we stand at the moment for updates. The new updated rules pack will replace the current one later tonight. This includes the removal of mentions of clocks, the new deployment method and ways for those without a list checking buddy to have your lists confirmed for nationals.

I am going to be sitting down tomorrow night with the other members of Warzone to tally up the prize support and give that in full detail by Thursday morning. Needless to say, expect the usual store vouchers for the top finishers. However also expect a number of spot, hobby, and extra prizes such as custom dice, crafting supplies and more that I will have confirmed the amounts of soon.

All the best
Shadow Blaze
corporal

Postby Shadow Blaze » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:23 am

Having played and read through some recent tournament rules we've decided to place down the way in which warlord, relics and traits that key off of these choices will be handled for nationals here, to be added to the rules pack later.

For Nationals your choice of warlord will need to be made before the tournament at list building. This choice will determine which maelstrom deck you make use of in games that make use of it as well as which relic your first "free" relic will be chosen from, which will need to be chosen at this point as well.

You will not have to choose your warlord trait at this point however. At the start of each game, before deployment, you will be able to choose which warlord trait you are using, as well as generate any psychic powers, knight burdens and traits, or other such variable choices.

For interaction with traits and relics that allow a chance at gaining command points we will be using the rules as guided by the official Games Workshop FAQ. If the model that has the ability or equipment that allows this roll to be made has been deployed to the table you will be able to make use of it. If it still has to be deployed and your opponent uses a strategem you will not be able to roll to see if you gain any command points.

During deployment if you decide to make use of any strategems that allow the use of more relics you will be able to do this as you deploy those models that are equipped with these. In the case of using the strategem that allows multiple choices from the relics for your army you will spend this strategem as you place the first of the models taking the relics and announce later when deploying the next which was the other target of this strategem.

To note, these relics "purchased" using command points do not need to be declared at the list building stage and you are free to decide if you are using these depending on the match up and which relics you are picking when using these as well.

If you have any questions about the above please let us know in this thread.
Shadow Blaze
corporal

Postby The Warsmith » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Lok Tar Augar mighty Shadow Blaze

Tickets booked and excitement levels rising to defcon 3.

Regarding the decisions about warlord traits and extra relics etc being able to be decided upon and changed through the tournament, I am not against this in any way, I must just kindly ask however, is this factoring into the 2:30 time limit for the game, or will there be a 15 minute "window period" to make all these decisions.

At my understanding at the moment the following needs to be accomplished in 2:30 minutes.

Get to table
Meet opponent and discuss army list etc (optional but important)
Place objectives
Deploy army
Decide on Warlord Trait
Decide on new relic
Roll for first turn
Roll for seize initiative
Actually start playing

If all that is coming into out 2:30 minutes for the game, then I am just concerned that it may lead to situations where some games will not be getting to full five turn minimum completion.

I do not wish to open a can of worms here,and I honestly salute the organizers for how they've been handling the influx of questions and responses from the masses.

I am also aware that this being nationals, players of such high caliber will know their armies well and this shouldn't be a problem.

I would just hate for a situation to arise where the result of a game comes down to both players only having gotten to turn 3.

Regardless, the Legions of Chaos will be nationals and we shall enact glorious slaughter upon our foes.

Thanks again to the organizers. Can't wait for this weekend to arrive.

Cheers one and all. :mrgreen:
The Warsmith
sergeant

Postby Dirty Rat » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 am

Just one other point.
Do we play to the whistle or do we decide with 30 mins left how many turns will be played so that we each get the same amount of turns?
Dirty Rat
colonel

Postby AfkFanatic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:11 am

The Warsmith wrote:Meet opponent and discuss army list etc (optional but important)

Only optional if you want to get stomped :lol:

For this tournament how close are we trying to get to international standard or will we be doing our own thing for the most part?
AfkFanatic
corporal

Postby Shadow Blaze » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:08 am

We're keeping pretty tight on that 2.5-hour limit which will include all you mentioned in your post Warsmith, that said we'll only be starting the timer once everyone is at their table. If you're concerned about the time and number of choices to make I suggest you get to testing so that you can identify what your choices are for key matchups. Most of the time I find the choices are pretty obvious after seeing what is across the table from you.

To your point Dirty Rat, we'd prefer the players to have an equal number of turns as one player getting that extra turn in is completely unacceptable for determining a match at this level. We would suggest that you and your opponent keep track of the minutes left warnings we will be giving as the round progresses and come to an agreement as to when the game will end, with both players having taken the same number of turns.

If this is missed however and player 2 still needs a turn a judge will move to that table and will help to resolve any actions on the board that could affect the points scored or outcome of the match as quick as possible with both players.
Shadow Blaze
corporal

Postby The Warsmith » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:32 am

Thanks for the speedy response as always. 8-)

See you on the battlefield! :twisted:
The Warsmith
sergeant

Postby Dirty Rat » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks for the feed back.
Dirty Rat
colonel

Postby The Warsmith » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:15 pm

Evening Gents.

We are entering the final lead up to Nats, tickets booked and excitement is high.

A humble question to our Joburg comrades but can anyone recommend a good place to stay for the weekend. Prefably a bed and breakfast vibe close enough to Warzone and affordableish of course.

I have no idea about the geography of Joburg so myself and travel buddy are keen to get everything booked and sorted asap.

Please PM me any recommendations for these Cape Town tourists to bunker down in for the long war.

Not long now chaps. :twisted:

Lok Tar Augar
The Warsmith
sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Announcements