40k Nationals – 1st/2nd Sep'18 – Warzone Jeppe Quondam

Post your announcements for non-club specific tournaments. You many only have ONE thread per tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Re: 40k Nationals – 1st/2nd Sep'18 – Warzone Jeppe Quondam

Postby AndrewS » Wed May 02, 2018 6:38 pm

Thanks for the question.

Here is the example from the pack:
I can take 1 free relic from the Space Marine Codex and equip it on a Space Marine Character from that detachment. I can then spend 3 CP on Relics of the Chapter to get 2 additional relics which can also only be equipped on characters in the Space Marine Detachment with the same keywords. I can then spend 3 CPs on the Armoury of Titan Strategem to get 2 reilcs from the Grey Knights codex and equip them on characters from the Grey Knight detachment and spend another 3 CPs on the Armoury of Baal stegem to do the same for the Blood Angel detachment.

Clarification:
All I neglected to say is that the Space Marine faction is the main faction and contains the warlord. You are correct they state if the army is led by a "Faction" warlord, then you may take a free relic for a character of that same faction. Therefore that detachment can have 3 relics.

In this example I have 3 detachments:

- Space Marine chapter xxx (Whatever faction in that book) - Contains the Warlord - 1 Free relic and a possible 2 more if you spend CP on Space Marine Chapter xxx
- Grey Knight - Possible 2 relics if I spend CP on Grey Knights
- Blood Angel - Possible 2 relics if I spend CP on Blood Angels
AndrewS
major

Postby Alptraumsong » Thu May 03, 2018 6:39 am

Thanks guys.
My blog: http://glorytothe16th.blogspot.co.za/

Kill for the living,
Kill for the dead!

<[3+ Games]>
Alptraumsong
captain

Postby Ublik » Thu May 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi There what were you using to time the games Im trying to find a chess type clock but battling to find something that I can change the time limit
Minis for the Mini god 8)
Ublik
corporal

Postby AndrewS » Thu May 03, 2018 5:39 pm

Hi

Thanks for trying the clock out.

I use:
Chess Clock by Chess.com - on the Apple Store.

I then create a time a new "Time Control" with "Stage 1: Game in 1:15" and increment is "Delay 2 Sec". You can then save this and start a new game with it.
Set player 2 the same as player 1.

It will give a 2sec delay until the clock runs down.

Good luck
AndrewS
major

Postby Dark Angel » Thu May 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Looks great dude, nice pack. Hope you end up going with death clock ;). Really a fan after using it for years with warmachine.
I spend most of my money on Warhammer and games, the rest is just wasted.

Eli "Dragon Slayer" Golovey
Dark Angel
WHG Lawman

Postby MadDok-Norbert » Fri May 04, 2018 7:31 am

The use of a clock has one major flaw:
It assumes that if it is my turn that my opponent does very little. I can recall the Eldar(?) throwing buckets of dice at me during my turn every time i killed a unit.
Using the clock then, whose actual time is it then?
Norbert :mrgreen:
MadDOK da pain Dokta.
"Mental pain iz everlastin. Only deff iz da final cure!"
MadDok-Norbert
corporal

Postby Alptraumsong » Fri May 04, 2018 8:32 am

The thinking is that you just pass the clock over to them.

I believe.
My blog: http://glorytothe16th.blogspot.co.za/

Kill for the living,
Kill for the dead!

<[3+ Games]>
Alptraumsong
captain

Postby Shadow Blaze » Fri May 04, 2018 10:37 am

Yeah, the intention is that your time ticks down whenever you are rolling your dice or making decisions affecting your models. As to ynnari and their silly soul bursts during your turn that has been greatly reigned in and only one unit will be firing back at you these days.
Shadow Blaze
corporal

Postby Ublik » Fri May 04, 2018 10:59 am

Thanks for the help definitely going to try out the clock this weekend.
Minis for the Mini god 8)
Ublik
corporal

Postby Dirty Rat » Tue May 15, 2018 1:45 pm

I have a problem with the rules pack section 2.6 and 2.9.
Why do we need to involve others in checking our lists.Its quite simple.If you get your own army list wrong why should it involve another player when you are going to have 2 judges check the lists.Most players dont know all the ins and outs of other players army,so to hit them with a game loss in nonsensical.

Secondly some of you may have noticed GW have run a large tournament using 1750 points.
Thoughts.
Dirty Rat
colonel

Postby burstear » Thu May 17, 2018 9:45 am

agree with D.rat how in the blue balls am i suppose to know (let alone be able) if my firends IG army is even legal...my only advanced knowledge off the IG army is they have tanks and more tanks.

i sure as hell have no idea if tank A can legally tank 12 melta guns and 24 assault cannons for 10 pts....and thats because commander billy bob allows the Tanks to upgrade to a walker which now allow it to have lots of guns...and commader do-hickey allows all walker guns to be come dirt cheap.

Ahhh thanks but no thanks gimme a game loss beacuse i didnt correctly check a army i dont play or dont know or even collect.

Seem like in order to do nationals i have study every codex every faq of every army and still remember mine too.

1750...+1
Nationals 2012 (W3-L2-D0) 11th***Mayhem &Carnage 2013 (W4-L1-D0) 3rd***Thug 2013 (W3-L1-D0) 2nd***Thugcon 2013 (W3-L0-D1) 1st***G2C2 2014 (W5-L0-D0) 1st
burstear
general

Postby Shadow Blaze » Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 am

The check by a second party is to make sure that there is further responsibility on the players before coming to the event. We don't want to have anyone being disqualified or such after bringing a list that was somehow missed by the judges checking the lists at the start. It leaves the player and their opponents in a bad way for the tournament and skews results quite badly.

The extra check is there to help alleviate this and make sure that there are no on the day having to scramble for models or such if something is only picked up then. Also looking through someone else's list is not as difficult as you make it sound. Too many options in a slot or units with seemingly more choices than they should have are easy enough to pick out and if you have your partner with you at the time to take you through the list and explain what is what and why it should be a quick and easy thing to do.

Also if you're planning on winning in a tournament knowing what is out there and what can be done is kinda a pre-requisite or you're going to be beaten by someone using things they shouldn't or surprising you with things that they can.

On the points cost, please take a look in the discussions board at the poll attached to the timing discussion. There are points suggestions on top of the use or non-use of the clock system to be voted on and at the moment 2000 points is quite a bit in the lead. If you'd like 1750 make sure to vote there and have your voice be heard.
Shadow Blaze
corporal

Postby burstear » Thu May 17, 2018 12:12 pm

what if im coming to nationals alone....dont have a friend joining me...hence no friend to check my list.
Only lil ol me checked my own list.

how would i know if a baneblade has to many options ....or better yet...how would i now if a units of gaurdsmen can have 5 special weapons instead of 4, am i expected to go through my friends list double checking his points value...there by using his codex...then not forgetting to have to look at his armies new updated faq and cross reference it to see if any changes have been made.
shall i also use a app, then cross reference every point with the codex to see that the app and codex and faq are indeed equal on all values...again what happens if i got no firends to check my list.

i live out far on the edge of know civilizations. not to many gamers this side of the galaxy
Nationals 2012 (W3-L2-D0) 11th***Mayhem &Carnage 2013 (W4-L1-D0) 3rd***Thug 2013 (W3-L1-D0) 2nd***Thugcon 2013 (W3-L0-D1) 1st***G2C2 2014 (W5-L0-D0) 1st
burstear
general

Postby Shadow Blaze » Thu May 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Well, that is exactly what we'd expect you to be doing. Going through their list with them, making sure they used the most up to date points. Didn't accidentally make the wrong choices with units etc. using their codex. And then them making sure for you as well. This process shouldn't take that long and adds a layer of peace of mind for you and partner that you are correct going into nationals.

I will mention that this is not something we're trying to put in place to punish anyone with. It's there to make sure that the judges can get through lists as easily as possible and not have to call people out on the day. By having a second party helping and putting those stricter conditions in place we're trying to make sure that effort is put in. No one wants a Nationals where someone has to be docked wins or DQ'ed due to an improper list.
Shadow Blaze
corporal

Postby Ultima » Thu May 17, 2018 3:39 pm

Sounds more like the organizers wanting to be able to blame other players for missing errors in lists.
To make a 3rd party responsible is totally unfair on both the active player as well as the other player who gains responsibility.
List checking needs to be done by the TO and the responsibility is the player to make sure their list is correct.

This along with the idea of time clocks is definitely removing any plans i may have had to attend nationals this year.
Ultima
captain

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Announcements