40k National, Cape Town 7/8th September 2019

Post your announcements for non-club specific tournaments. You many only have ONE thread per tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

40k National, Cape Town 7/8th September 2019

Postby Dirty Rat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Warhammer 40k National.

Date . 7/8th September 2019.

Venue.
Battle Bunker Tygervalley.
Tygervalley Shopping Centre.
Bellville.
Cape Town
Western Cape.
contact number 0219149121.

Army size. 1750 pts.
Duration. 2days. 6 games. 3 per day
Time 2:45 Hours

Entrance fee. R200.
All entrance fees will go towards prize support.

Player are expected to submit their army list in advance. If the judge finds an error in any list the player will be informed before the start of the tournament so that they can correct the mistake.
Once lists have been submitted they cannot be altered.The submitted list is what you will play.

Only players that have pre registered and paid in advance will be able to take part in this event.
The cut off date for registration of the army list and pre payment is the 2nd of September 2019.

Role call starts at 8:00 am. Any player who arrives after 9am will receive a game loss.{ Giles}
8:45 Judge preamble and introduction.

Day 1.

Game1. 9:15 - 12:00 Mission : Beachhead. Chapter Approved 2018 edition
Game 2. 12:00 14:45. Mission: Retrieval Mission. 8th edition Rule Book.
Game 3. 15:00- 17:45 Mission: The Relic: 8th edition Rule Book

Day 2.

Game 4. 9:15-12:00 Mission: The Four Pillars. Chapter approved 2018 edition
Game 5 12.30- 14:45 Mission. Scorched Earth. Chapter approved 2017 edition
Game 6 15:00- 17:45. Mission. Secure and Control. 8th edition Rule Book

Prize giving. 18:00

Scoring.
3 points will be allocated for a win.
1 point will be allocated for a draw.
3 points will be allocated for a bye.
The player with the highest points will be deemed the winner.

Standard GW rules will be used as per the 40k 8th edition rule book. There will be no house rules.

A maximum of only 3 detachments may be used.
The rule of 3 maximum units other than troops and dedicated transports will be in play

I will post the attachments early next week. Please consider this as just a heads up of what can be expected.
We would love to have a few northerners this year as they have been absent for the last 2 Nationals in Cape Town and Cape Town has always sent a delegation up to Gauteng. I know the mercenaries from PE will be in attendance.

It begins.

It begins.
Dirty Rat
colonel

Re: 40k National, Cape Town 7/8th September 2019

Postby Novamarine » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:40 pm

Good to hear!
Just to start ironing out a few things:

1) No lunch on the Saturday? Game 5 is only 2:15 (I'm assuming these are just typos)

2) Will relics and WL traits have to be stated on the roster or can they be decided before each game, i.e ITC style.

3) I'm assuming that WYSIWYG rule is implied and will be adhered to?

Looking forward to it, cheers!
Novamarine
sergeant

Postby Dirty Rat » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:53 am

There will be a lunch.
Warlord traits and relics have to be on your list
WYSIWYG is in .
Dirty Rat
colonel

Postby Ultima » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:06 pm

Is there a reason we are differing from the Core Rulebook in regards to warlord traits and relics ?

I had hoped that with the Cape now playing this correctly in other tournaments. Nats would follow suite.
Ultima
captain

Postby RandomHero » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Agreed, WL traits and relics should be a per game basis
RandomHero
private

Postby Doc Rot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:20 am

ooooowwwweeeee. I'm so excited, I can't wait.
Doc Rot
brigadier-general

Postby The Warsmith » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:23 am

Greetings All 8-) RULESPACK is UP . . . AGAIN!!!!

We acknowledge that this is very late but please read through it very carefuly as it differs quite considerably to what was initially posted at the start of this thread.

Any question please forward your name and queries to Bernie Marchand at 072 313 6928 on WhatsApp. :mrgreen:

See you on the Battlefield dear friends.

Let the march to war begin! :twisted:
Attachments
COMBAT ADAPTATION SHEET + SCORE SHEET.docx
(12.86 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Nationals 2019 Mk 2.docx
(138.76 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
Last edited by The Warsmith on Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Warsmith
sergeant

Postby Doc Rot » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:23 am

This really really sucks balls Bernie. Using ITC pretty much negates my playstyle and army entirely, as I lose units at a massive rate of knots. Also ITC pretty much negates the entire scenario. Every game just boils down to how many units can you kill each turn.

IT's really gonna suck the fun out of it for me as I know I'm going into every game losing at least 2 VPs a turn. Is ITC really the only way to go?
Dave
Doc Rot
brigadier-general

Postby q21 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:50 am

Are we using W/L/D scoring (usually 3/0/1 pts split) or cumulative primary mission battle points to rank the tournament? It doesn't actually bother me which, but it would be nice to know.

Note, the creators of ITC themselves no longer use cumulative battle points. They decided that winning with a low score should be worth more than losing with a high score.
You know those times when you wish you could think of something funny or interesting to say, but just can't... yeah, this is one of those times.
q21
major

Postby q21 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:42 am

More questions.

1. It says the number of ITC objectives will be set by the mission. Does this mean, for example, that game 1 will have 3 ITC objectives because beachhead has 3 objectives, and so on?

2. If so, is the Relic the one where we put out 6 extra objectives before deployment?

3. Also, if the answer to 1 above is yes, are we really playing the deciding game of nationals as ITC with only 2 objectives..?

4. What deployment method are we using? Alternating units or whole armies at a time (as per chapter approved 2018)? Note: the whole PE contingent is in favour of the whole army method as it is simpler, faster and fairer.

5. You mention relics, warlord traits and psychic powers must be included on your roster. Does this extend to those granted by stratagems? I know that there is a mechanism to change relics, warlord traits and powers on a game by game basis, but do I need to commit to spending CP on extra stuff at the list building stage? Do I spend the CP or not on a game by game basis, but note any such changes on the adaptation sheet?

6. Is there any sort of painting competition this year?

7. Where can we get the scoresheet and adaptation sheet?

That is all for now.
Last edited by q21 on Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You know those times when you wish you could think of something funny or interesting to say, but just can't... yeah, this is one of those times.
q21
major

Postby The Warsmith » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:20 am

Master Doc Rot

I am unfortunately in a rock and hard place here good sir. Nigel has requested that we try and run this tournament in a manner that would allow it to be broadcast/uploaded to a more international level.

I believe he wishes to show Games Workshop that there is still a strong wargaming presence in South Africa and that we would not mind receiving a bit more of their acknowledgment in this regard.

The ITC focus pairs supremely well with the Best Coast Pairings app and was used to great effect in the successful running of the Veterans Tournament we enjoyed quite recently.

I understand your frustration regarding play style, but must put forward that a number of the regular missions available to us also do not favor the play style of other players factions either. We hope to find a happy medium by combining these two formats to bring out the best overall challenge for a Nationals Champion.

Again my apologies, but for now this will be the way forward for this Nationals at least. I dearly hope that it will not deter you from attending good sir.

Have an excellent afternoon.

Kind regards

Bernie
The Warsmith
sergeant

Postby Doc Rot » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:41 am

My primary objective has and always will be, to get drunk. Unless there is some sort of unholy ban on alcohol consumption, I will be there.
Doc Rot
brigadier-general

Postby Henning.2 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:02 pm

The Warsmith wrote:I am unfortunately in a rock and hard place here good sir. Nigel has requested that we try and run this tournament in a manner that would allow it to be broadcast/uploaded to a more international level.

I see Vets results are still not uploaded to ITC rankings? Is the idea to change to ITC not to get some international recognition?

I eagerly await your answers on q21's questions above. This is a very late shift to ITC rules and there are quite a few questions regarding the rulespack that will have an impact on list building. If you still expect us to upload our lists early then we will need some clarity fast.

Thanks,
Henning
Henning.2
corporal

Postby The Warsmith » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:42 pm

Evening All

Rulespack has been updated. Please read carefully and see how many changes you can spot. 8-)

MAIN CHANGES

- No more ITC scoring, regular tournament scoring 3 Points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss.

- Registration still taking place online via the BCP app.

- All missions will be using the Chapter Approved 2018 method of deployment. (players roll off, winner chooses deployment zone, opponent deploys entire army first and determines who goes first.)

- Rules for Warlord Traits, Psychic Powers and Relics has been cleared up.

- Score sheets and Battle Adaptation sheets up as well.

- As it stands there is nothing for best painted army/miniature at this time.

Cheers Comerades. :mrgreen:
The Warsmith
sergeant

Postby AfkFanatic » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:50 am

Just my lowly opinion:

If you want to play proper competive tournaments use ITC.

If you are just running casual tournaments tailor it to your audience
AfkFanatic
corporal

Next

Return to Tournament Announcements