How to format your announcement.

Post your announcements for non-club specific tournaments. You many only have ONE thread per tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

How to format your announcement.

Postby Rorrak » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:36 pm

There are a lot of tournaments announcements lately and its actually hard, if not impossible to figure what they are for in many cases.

Please format the subject matter of your announcement using the following schema.

WHEN -WHERE - SYSTEM - NAME

eg. 01-Jan-11 - CPT - Fantasy - New Years Brawl.

Use of acronyms for cities is suggested otherwise you run out of space for the subject.

Can a mod with power than me sticky this please?
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Re: How to format your announcement.

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:50 pm

Agreed and another point is that your post on your announcement should only be placed in this section and not repeated anywhere else.
I spend most of my money on Warhammer and games, the rest is just wasted.

Eli "Dragon Slayer" Golovey
Dark Angel
WHG Lawman

Postby Ushiru » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Not even somewhere relavent ?

Ie CPT tournament ... make a little public announcment in the CPT clubs section as well ?
Ushiru
colonel

Postby Rorrak » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Its against the rules of the forums to cross post. Unless Jonathan changes that, then its how it must be.

This thread is already off topic and its a sticky so I'm locking it.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby DaImp » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:08 am

To add to Seans post (which is entirely correct) the Tournament Announcements section is only there to announce tournaments - let everyone know the date, venue, rules, costs etc. It is not the place to talk about possible tournaments, ideas for tournament rules, your games at the tournament, who is going to the tournament etc... All of that can be done in the Tournament Discussions section
Jonathan Merry
Warhammer Generals head honcho

Check out my WHFB 3rd Edition blog: http://oldhammergenerals.blogspot.com
DaImp
general

Return to Tournament Announcements